What Is Nonviolence?
The most wide meaning of nonviolence is to recognize that everything and everybody is interconnected and our actions should be always reversible.
What We Do
We have 6 sectors of local, national and international involvement:
1. alternatives to war
- deepen the history of the popular nonviolent struggles and support reconciliation processes after war;
- study the effects of the war and the possible conversion of the military industry
- civilian interventions in war areas
2. peace education
- empowerment of young people in front of violence
- inclusive, participatory, non formal and nonviolent methodology to teach and to learn
- support the popular construction of the biggest library in Italy on peace and nonviolence and keep alives and accessible the archives of the social movements
4. people power
- support participatory democracy processes in local communities and social movements;
- develop a consciousness on the role of media in supporting violence, develop some forms of media-activism and spread the idea of “peace journalism”
- Spread the “Gaia paradigm”
- Focus on sustainability and on social control of production
6. art and nonviolence
- art as instrument of empower and reconciliation
- art as a tool of awarness and reconciliation
We are open to your way to intend and be active in building a nonviolent world!